[ale] Rights to directory

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Tue Aug 15 11:08:19 EDT 2000

One solution might be to create a special group, say, "special", that
contains, say, just the httpd owner ID (nobody?) and the user needing "all
access". Then tag the pages as owned by the httpd owner and the "special"
group with read/write/dirview permission, shutting out others.

Being somewhat ignorant of httpd administration (I'm assuming Apache), will
this mess up things like cgi-bin process ownership?