[ale] Heatsinks

Robert Hoffman rob at frankenlinux.com
Mon Aug 14 20:57:18 EDT 2000

Definitely get the thermal goop from Radio Shack. You may have to ask for it as "thermal grease", "cpu grease", "processor goop", etc. It took the sales guy a while to figure out what I was after when I bought it. It will come in a little-bitty white tube that looks like a 1" tube of toothpaste. It's much better than that generic white square that comes with most CPUs.

The first thing I do when building a system is scrape that generic white square crap off the CPU and use Radio Shack's thermal grease. Well, not quite the first thing. First, I drool over all my new goodies. :-)

-Rob