[ale] Domain Name Registration

tewkewl at mindspring.com tewkewl at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 14 11:02:23 EDT 2000

It almost looks as if somebody would like to have your domain and they are doing all the 'legal' stuff to get it.

Almost like publishing the decleration of divorce in small print hidden in a newspaper knowing nobody reads it.

I am no pro at internet laws, but would definately contact these folks and get somebody on the phone asap.

Of course somebody could have missed linked your info to another domain. <shrug>

my $.02

-Patrick
ale at netherealm.net wrote:
> I know this is not a Linux question but you are the only group that I
completely trust. I just received a FAX from a domain registrar that
calls themselves EDNM and they imply that I MUST respond to them to keep
from loosing a name we have had for 3 years. First, does it appear that
I do have the name locked down? Conditions:
Registrar - Network Solutions
I control all contacts with NIC handles
All handles are password protected.

Can another registrar take the name from Network Solutions without my
consent? Side note, the name comes up for renewal on 10/11/2000 and it
will be paid.

I will list below some of the FAX content just for reference.
_______________________________________
FINAL NOTICE
URGENT NOTICE OF IDENTICAL DOMAIN NAME APPLICATION BY A THIRD PARTY

You are required to submit to us your opposition to the third party
domain name registration contemplated herein and expressly advise us of
your intent to license this domain name prior to the expiration of this
notice.

They give their address as:
EDNM - 5555 Glenridge Connector, Suite 200
Atlanta GA 30342

No phone number given just a FAX #8777-450-0607

Ron Mellema
DesignPointe
ron at designpointe.com