[ale] PalmPilot on a Harley

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. critter at wizvax.net
Sun Aug 13 08:22:58 EDT 2000

On Sat, 12 Aug 2000, David S. Jackson wrote:

> Hi,
> I got caught in a rainstorm while on my bike, and my PalmPilot
> Personal got soaked.  So it doesn't turn on very well.  I took
> the back off and tried to dry it out very carefully, not leaving
> any tidbits behind.  Still no go.  Is there anyone around who
> might fix one of these things?

Generally, when you have a wet circuit, it isn't the water that keeps it
from working, but the mineral content.  If it got wet, and then the water
evaporated, then the mineral content is still there.

The fix for this is to get a can of contact cleaner, take the machine
apart into as many pieces as it will go reasonably, then spray it down
with contact cleaner.  You're going to be trying to use this stuff to push
the mineral content off the edge of the boards.  Once you've done that,
this stuff evaporates in about a minute, and you should be golden.

--
Critter at Wizvax.Net
Don't Steal - The government hates competition.