[ale] Access file

Carl Forsell cforsell at roman.net
Fri Aug 11 13:36:08 EDT 2000

In the /etc/mail/access file most of our servers  are set to allow relaying
by adding a reference like to allow relaying:      www.oursite.com    RELAY,

and those we are filtering (spammers)  as:
                               XXX.net  550   We do not accept spam mail.

This is working fine.

One server, set up by someone else, to filter uses the two syntaxes:
                               abcd at efghijk.com    REJECT
                               XXX.net  550   We do not accept spam mail.

to allow relaying:
                              abcd.com    OK

Question 1:  does    (www.oursite.com    OK)  =  (www.oursite.com    RELAY)

Question 2:  does    (www.oursite.com    REJECT)  =  (www.oursite.com    550
We do not accept spam mail.  )

(as per the discussion chain of the past few days, I have looked in 5 books
and three web sites prior to posting this question.)

Thanks in advance.