[ale] Ghosting software

Patrick Jones pjones at newcomb-boyd.com
Thu Aug 10 10:46:55 EDT 2000

I have ghosted across different motherboards - PIIs and PIIIs
before without many problems - including my previously mentioned
video card change.   One problem I did encounter was with my 3c905
NICs.  There are 3 or 4 revisions of those cards.
I noticed the problem when we started getting 3C905c NICs.
Getting the latest driver from 3Com solved that problem across
the board.  The main problem is in the peripherals.  Just
ghosting a generic machine should not pose any problems.

Actually, I want to say that the image for the PIIs and PIIIs is
the same one I used for our old Pentiums.  I can't bet my life
on it but I am almost certain it is.

Patrick Jones
Grunt Monkey