[ale] pcAnywhere through an ipchains firewall

Gary S. Mackay Gary at edisoninfo.com
Wed Aug 9 21:33:04 EDT 2000

Sorry for so many questions lately. Has anyone had any success routing
pcAnywhere through an ipchains firewall? I have a good size university that
didn't know that all of the machines on one of their departments are wide open
to the world. They want a firewall soon BUT, they say, four of their employees
come in through the internet via pcAnywhere and connect to their workstations.
A whole bunch of IP's will be free'd up when the internal addressing gets
changed to the 192.168 group, so, I envision assigning several of the IP's to
the linux box and using ipmasqadm (I guess?) forward traffic to each users
machine. I've tried it with one of my closer clients but can't seem to get it
to work. Are there any docs that explain this?

- Gary

--
Edison Information Technologies
P.O. Box 554