[ale] Insolence of those asking for FREE help on public lists

David S. Jackson dsj at sylvester.dsj.net
Wed Aug 9 13:48:16 EDT 2000

On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 12:34:42PM -0400 John Mills <jmills at tga.com> wrote:

> [whine about newbieQ's elided]
>
> Thanks for sharing that. Feel better now?
>
> Answering those questions is always _voluntary_, or are
> you upset that folks _do_ answer so beginners can become experienced
> users. Go back to your paying customers.

I think Jeremy is talking about Newbies without manners.  Jeremy
has always been quite free about helping out, and polite about it
too.  In fact, this list has been more knowledgeable and helpful
than just about any other source I can think of.  I think he's
just lamenting that some people forget to say, "thanks anyway"
when an answer didn't meet their needs.

David S. Jackson                        dsj at dsj.net