[ale] boot probleemo

Scott Nolde smnolde at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 8 17:02:15 EDT 2000

Read the LILO docs and look for an example (p 27 of the user's guide)
that boots OS2.  It'll use the command such as 'map-drive' to fake out
the BIOS.  I use this trick to boot 'doze from /dev/hdb.

Here's my section of lilo.conf that I use to do this:
other=/dev/hdb1
	label=win
	map-drive = 0x80
	to = 0x81
	map-drive = 0x81
	to = 0x80

See if this helps.  You'll have an extra option at the lilo boot prompt,
as denoted by the label 'win' above.

- Scott

Ericabob wrote:

> nothing mega hard... I think.  I am just starting linux and
> I successfully installed Caldera v2.2.  the problem is that
> I have two hard drives, one, C: is formated half linux and
> half Window$ NT, the other drive is All Window$ 98.  Boot
> majic will not run, and anyway I dont think it will go from
> D drive to C.  So im looking for a boot program that spans
> to secondary hard drives, or at least can edit a different
> hard drives master boot thingy, does anyone know what and
> where a good one is??  ....dang now I cant even play with
> linux in the mean time, I cant get in!!!
>
> =====
> 100011010010011001100-100101000111

Never do Windows again with  |  Scott M. Nolde
Linux!  No streaks, haze or  |  smnoldelinux at mediaone.net
glaze!                       |
12:25am up 5 min, 0 users, load average: 1.01, 0.75, 0.34