[ale] BellSouth ADSL free (USB?) modem offer

Ben Coleman oloryn at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 8 01:32:45 EDT 2000

On Tue, 08 Aug 2000 04:21:52 +0000, Joe Knapka wrote:

>The POP server doesn't seem to care
>where you get your connection, though I suppose in theory they
>could filter out connections from non-Mindspring-clients.

I don't think this is likely.  Too many people who roam and may need to
pick up their mail while connected to other ISPs.  Mindspring does
block use of their SMTP servers from outside connections, but using the
SMTP server the other ISP provides shouldn't be a problem.

Ben
--
Ben Coleman oloryn at mindspring.com    | The attempt to legislatively
http://oloryn.home.mindspring.com/   | micromanage equality results, at