[ale] Speaker for December Meeting

Eric Z. Ayers eric at compgen.com
Mon Aug 7 14:03:14 EDT 2000

Hello ALE'rs,

We are in need of a speaker for the December (and future) meetings.  I
would like to give first precedence to a speaker that will commit to a
tutorial or state of the art type of meeting.   Some examples of such
talks in the past include:

 - Setting up X11
 - Demonstrating the GIMP
 - Installing Linux from a distribution
 - Building a firewall/router from Linux
 - Configuring sendmail
 - Setting up PPP
 - Real Time Linux
 - Burning a CDR (coming up in September)

You do not need to be an expert on the subject, just a commitment to
research the topic and made a good presentation on the matter.  Don't
worry - experts in the crowd will help out with the tough questions!
I'd prefer that we hear from someone who hasn't made a presentation in
the past 12 months, and a topic we haven't had in the past 12 months.

If you'd like for someone (not you) to present on a certain topic,
mail it out to the ale at ale.org mailing list and ask if anyone will do
it.  If you want to volunteer, send email to ale-admin at ale.org with
your suggestion.

Regards,