[ale] 1024th cylinder

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Mon Aug 7 11:08:09 EDT 2000

Usually you need to place the whole /boot directory on that bootable
partition.  LILO then passes a parm to the kernel in that tells it where
to find the / partition - regardless of where it is (it doesn't even need
to be on the booting hard drive).

You can then mount the /boot partition once the system is booted.