[ale] rsh problem

Yu, Jerry zyu at Ptek.com
Fri Aug 4 12:56:00 EDT 2000

ask the most obvious, do you have $HOME/.rhosts file set up?

you need to set .rhosts file in the remote user's home dir.

rsh remotehost comm is handled by rexec
while rsh remotehost is handled by rlogin/shell
Thus, different authentication scheme.

SSH should be much better solution if security concerns you.