[ale] WOT: Smoker help?

John Mills jmills at tga.com
Thu Aug 3 09:06:05 EDT 2000

Robert -

Thanks for raising this perplexing question.

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Robert L. Harris wrote:

>   I have a "CharBroil Water Smoker" the wife got me for a present.  It's
> the kind of smoker that looks like a big trash can.  You put the charcoal
> in the bottom, a big pot of water on the rack above that, and the meat
> on the rack above that.

>   It doesn't seem to be getting hot enough, even if I fill charcoal all
> the way up above the level.

>   Anyone have any suggestions/help/links/mailing lists, etc?

Well, when I need to warm up the house I just post a note praising
Microsoft on this mailing list. Resulting flames from my console will warm
an entire room. Place the console in the smoker and I expect you'll get a
good fire started.

Regards.
 - Mills

   John Mills