[ale] Second Ethernet on Sparc IPX and Redhat 6.2

Ben Conrad bconrad at genuity.com
Tue Aug 1 10:50:40 EDT 2000

Folks,

I just installed RH 6.2 on a Sparc IPX last night.  It was installed with
only the built in eth0 adapter.  I want to add another sbus adapter (combo
ethernet/scsi) card in so I can get some firewalling going.  What should I
do?

I think I'm supposed to copy the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
to ifcfg-eth1 but I don't know what to put in the ifcfg-eth1 because eth1
will be using a static IP and the current eth0 is using DHCP for ease of
setup.  Also, am I supposed to do something with silo.conf?  I don't have a
gui installed so all the steps I will take would be via the shell.

Thanks much!

Ben.

 Ben Conrad
 NT Administrator, NOS Team