[ale] sshd not responding

Ben Phillips pynk at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Sep 29 14:41:31 EDT 1999

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Michael Phillips wrote:

> Can you ssh to the machine from outside? Try using 127.0.0.1 instead of
> localhost in the Allowhost directive.

No, same thing from outside, with or without the AllowHosts line (and the
host I'm trying it from is also in the line now, AND the hosts exists in
/etc/hosts).  I just tried putting 127.0.0.1 there, but a 'killall -HUP
sshd' still brings no change.

                      __   _                 "If pro is opposite of con,
Ben Phillips         /  '_' )         ,,,    then what is the opposite of
pynk at cc.gatech.edu   |  | ()|||||||||[:::)   progress?  Congress!"
                     \__.-._)         '''     -- men's restroom, House of
		                              Representatives, Washington