[ale] Network Install

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 28 17:43:09 EDT 1999

Yes, network install is valid for this case.  I have not done this
myself and the exact procedure may vary from distro to disto, but I
think you have to use a boot floppy image that enables PCMCIA support
and network support such that you can FTP, NFS, or SMB the installation
using a PCMCIA Ethernet card.  I would imagine that another path forward
is available if you have a sizeable PCMCIA disk drive:  use a boot
floppy that enables PCMCIA support and do a hard drive install after
having prepared the PCMCIA disk drive with a distro on another machine.

I wish I could give more specific help, but I at least wanted to give
you some hope!

- Jeff