[ale] Vintage? Video card

JANINDRA at MS.NDCORP.COM JANINDRA at MS.NDCORP.COM
Fri Sep 24 16:24:23 EDT 1999

The problem is, I can't install linux to see what happens at boot time,
until I get this cards switches set. Otherwise nothing show up on the
monitor.

-----Original Message-----
 From: JackM [mailto:meisterj at acm.org]
Sent: Friday, September 24, 1999 8:09 PM
To: Janinda, Randy # NDCHQ; ale at ale.org
Subject: Re: [ale] Vintage? Video card

Maybe if you could add more info.  Does the card display at boot up,  or are
you just having problems with Linux?  Does it start the install, or nothing?
Have you tried using monochrome or do you need the color?
Linux may support video 7, but does it support ega video 7, or just the vga
models?

Anything to save me from having to find and dig out the anals of computer
history boxes.