[ale] Linux use by ISP

Brian K. Murphy bmurphy at powerh.net
Thu Sep 23 23:36:22 EDT 1999

Well, touche....actually I use a sun at my day  job, but my point is that
most ISP's (at least those not the size of MS or EL) have profit margins
that are razor thin if even existant.  Sooooo...for us the cost is a big
factor.  I am probably tilting at windmills...it seems the more I use linux
the more I get that way.  I have been using it off and on for four years..a
lot more on in the last two years.  The more I use it the more fanatical I
get about it.  I work at a MSCP shop and it is almost daily that I get into
some type of "discussion" shall we say about the merits of M$ vs Linux.
But, I have managed to wrestle mail and DNS and DHCP services away from the
M$ beast..  Now all the developers work on NT and 98 and all the servers run
Linux..ain't it great!!

Keith