[ale] SCSI Card (OT)

Nathaniel Smith slow at negia.net
Thu Sep 23 05:14:27 EDT 1999

I ordered a SCSI card and received it yesterday afternoon. I opened it
up and it turned out to be an Ultra Wide. Now sense my lack of
knowledge
on SCSI, I was wondering (in layman's terms) what the difference is
and
should I return it or not. I have been doing some research on this and
the more I read, the more confused I get. When I was a young man, I
might have been able to comprehend it better.
I only have two IRQ settings left 5&10 and I want to hook up a scanner
and a Iomega Zip (both being SCSI). The card is a Tekram 395UW.
I am still searching on the subject, but they don't like for you to
take
very long before calling to get a RMA number, if you are going to
return
it.
thank you
Nathaniel