[ale] Informal Poll: Internet Download Rate

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 18 11:25:23 EDT 1999

I have a question that I'd like you to consider sending me an answer to
(out-of-list if you like).

For those of you that have better-than-modem Internet connections, what
is your typical data rate for incoming large files?  I'm not referring
to the maximum speed of your connection - how many actual kb/s or mb/s
are you typically obtaining when a file of significant size is
downloading?  Please also indicate kind of connection (MediaOne cable,
DSL, T1, T3, etc.) and what kind of transfer method (FTP, NFS, etc) is
associated with your number.

Thanks,
- Jeff