[ale] real weird installation problem

jukebox mocca at jukebox.co.za
Sat Sep 18 06:10:07 EDT 1999

i've got a problem that has only started recently. when i try installing
or upgrading linux, as it starts loading the OS from the cd it sends me
a "install exited abnormally -- received signal 7        sending
termination signals.....done        sending kill
signals.......done             unmounting
filesystems......elements         /tmp/rhimage       /proc      you  may
safely reboot the system"      the kernel and boot disk load normally,
this only happens after i have selected the packages i want. i have
tried using the default bios settings. i don't think its my version of
linux because this happens with both mandrake 6.0 and redhat 5.2.
my computer is a pentium 133 with 16 megs ram and seagate 1080meg hd. i
have a trident tgui9680-1 video card with 1meg ram. there is also a
ge2500III pci ethernet card and a sanyo crd-254p cdrom.
please help because i really can't get anywhere without being able to
install.
thanks
rob