[ale] Security

jj at spiderentertainment.com jj at spiderentertainment.com
Thu Sep 16 16:03:42 EDT 1999

I would like to get back into the security side of the OS. I used to be
really good a long time ago, but now I'm outdated. Quite frankly I don't
even know where to begin. At first I thought reading and uderstanding
the Linux Kernel would be a good start. And I still beleive it is, but
it's too slow for me, I usually do 2 or 3 things at time(Like eat, watch
tv, and read a book, and still know and fully understand what's on Tv
and in the book, and if I spilt any of my drink).

I went to the few hack sites, they're alright, but extremly outdated(I
already have the background work) and with very little information, I'm
trying to find some security alters mailing lists. And that's about all.
Can you give me some pointers... ideas prehaps ?

THx.