[ale] PGP/GnuPGP

JANINDRA at MS.NDCORP.COM JANINDRA at MS.NDCORP.COM
Thu Sep 16 10:41:21 EDT 1999

I have just entered the "security conscience" realm. I have been looking at
encryption software for Linux and have heard of both PGP and GnuPGP. My
question to the group is, "Which is the standard?". I understand PGP uses
patented technology while GPG doesn't. My concern is compatibility with
others. I know PGP has been around longer but are people moving to GPG or
staying with the old way? If they are using PGP are they using the "pre
Network Associates" 2.6.2 or the current 5.x? My main use is to sign things,
not necessarily encrypt. Any comments would be appreciated.

--Randy