[ale] Disk Mirroring / Raid

Gary S. Mackay Gary at edisoninfo.com
Mon Sep 13 22:27:43 EDT 1999

How difficult is it to setup standard disk mirroring in linux? I have an
opportunity (client!) to replace an OLD Sparc box with a *Nix solution. I
recommened a linux server with dual 9.1gig 7200 rpm drives. When I have to put
in NT, this is what I use and then mirror them. (Don't start a thread on how
bad NT mirroring is, believe me, I know). I would like to mirror these also,
maybe even Raid-5 if I can get the client to spring for it.

Problem: I've never setup mirroring nor Raid in linux before. Is this
something I should be able to pick up quickly, or is this a real head-banger
for the first time out?

- Gary

--
Edison Information Technologies