[ale] Upgrading Redhat rpms

Eric Z. Ayers eric.ayers at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 13 21:57:47 EDT 1999

Tory,

When faced with this dilemma, there are usually 1 of two things I
usually do:

1) upgrade all the rpms on the same command line.  That seems to work
most of the time.

2) Sometimes, you get an rpm that was prepared by someone other than
Red Hat or Red Hat changes their scheme, so that different parts are
in different packages.  In this case, I either uninstall the old, like
you did, or upgrade with the --force  command line.  Damn the
torpedos!

-Eric.