[ale] Re: [VA-Tech] 2.3.18 kernel not able to mount root file system

John Goebel jgoebel at varesearch.com
Mon Sep 13 13:51:19 EDT 1999

On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 02:12:14AM -0400, Steven A. DuChene at VA Linux Systems wrote:
> Has anyone
> else been experimenting with the 2.3 kernels and seen this
> sort of problem? The version I am trying is 2.3.18

Been there, done that. Yup, seems to have a mounting problem on my system too.

> I will try turning off the probe for the PIIX4 ACPI device
> tomorrow evening to see if that makes any difference.

It doesn't.

> I can try to include the bootup messages or the linux/.config
> file from the 2.3 kernel source tree somehow if anyone is
> interested.

submitted messages. If you want to submit a request to get this fixed, you
will have some homework to do; get the oops report (if applicable), run the
kernel in a debugger and try to get some relivant information via gdb ( or the
like), and generally do some work before posted 'it's not working' messages.

Cheers,
John G

 John Goebel					VA Linux Systems
 jgoebel at valinux.com				408-542-8621