[ale] Re: 2.3.18 kernel not able to mount root file system

David Woodhouse David.Woodhouse at mvhi.com
Mon Sep 13 05:07:38 EDT 1999

sad at valinux.com said:
>   Has anyone else been experimenting with the 2.3 kernels and seen
> this sort of problem? The version I am trying is 2.3.18

Yes.

> I will try turning off the probe for the PIIX4 ACPI device tomorrow
> evening to see if that makes any difference.

That fixed it for me. Andre, is this something that the IDE driver can work
around?

David Woodhouse        David.Woodhouse at mvhi.com       Office: (+44) 1223 810302
 Project Leader,     Process Information Systems      Mobile: (+44) 976 658355
    Axiom (Cambridge) Ltd., Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridge, CB5 0NA, UK.
             finger dwmw2 at ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk for PGP key.