[ale] Color maps in X

Michael Hirsch hirsch at mathcs.emory.edu
Fri Sep 10 00:08:08 EDT 1999

I was about to send off some advice about trying different color
depths, but now that I've read more carefully I see you have.

The only thing I can think of is to ask what the default visuals of
your machines are?  Running xdpyinfo on both your Linux box and your
SGI will tell you.  Once you know the default visual of the SGI maybe
you can make you Linux box use the same visual.

--Michael

--
Michael