[ale] Seem to have trashed something in gcc/binutils/libs??

John Mills Jmills at TGA.com
Thu Sep 9 09:11:16 EDT 1999

Hello-
I've been working in a RH6.0 setup with native (i686-pc-linux-gnu) and cross
(sh-rtems) toolchains derived from egcs-1.1.2 and egcs-1.1b (respectively),
and am now having troubles rebuilding my tools. First, I tried to rebuild
the cross tools, and found the new version of (for example) 'ranlib'
non-functional. Then I went back to bootstrap a native gcc-2.95.1, and that
failed. I ran
'configure --enable-languages=c++ --prefix=/usr/bin'*,
otherwise generic AFAIK. 'ranlib -v' reports version 2.9.1, probably
matching the other tools.
---
*Should have been '/usr', I suppose, but we never got to installation.
---
My gcc sources were in '/usr/src/gcc-2.95.1', I was building in
'/tmp/gcc-2.95.1', and had set
I have built kernels which seem to work OK, so some things must be live down
there...

I don't need to diagnose this, but I do need to clean out the debris and
work up the new toolsets. If someone could suggest a clean bootstrapping
path, it may save me more flailing around.

TIA - jmm

  John Mills, Sr. Software Engineer
  TGA Technologies, Inc.
  100 Pinnacle Way, Suite 140