[ale] Multi Headed Display System?

Mandrake mandrake at mandrake.net
Wed Sep 8 14:29:16 EDT 1999

On Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 04:22:28AM -0400, michael mcdermott wrote:
> does anyone know anything about setting up a system like this?
> and if so could you point me in the right direction
>
> it would be nice to be able to do it in hardware, but something like
> xinerama would be fine too, i just cant seem to find any specific info
> on xinerama other than it does it in software and its an extension to X
> (must be getting old or something).
>
> Ideally I would like to have 2-4 monitors or so and be able to drag apps
> between the monitors.
>
> Thanks.

you'll want to grab a copy of xfree86 3.9.XX (where XX is the latest snapshot)
and set up to run with multiple heads using the xinerama X extension.
you can find out a little bit of information from the 3.9 snapshot section on
the xfree86 web site, iirc.

--
(\)       Mandrake (Geoff Harrison)        (/)   http://mandrake.net    (\)
(|) Senior Software Engineer VA Linux Labs (|)    http://valinux.com    (|)