[ale] PCI Sound Blaster Card

Prasanna Subash Psubash at manh.com
Wed Sep 8 11:10:47 EDT 1999

I have been trying to get a solution to this problem for sometime now. I
have coaxed some of my friends who have a windoze m/c to install RH Linux
5.2 on a partition. However I have never managed to get their PCI sound
cards to work. One friend had an AZTECH sound card and the other had a
Rockwell Riptide soundcard. In both the cases, I got a message saying that
the resource was busy in init_module. Actually sndconfig detected a PCI card
in the first step and later said it was not able to probe and find any PCI
or PNP sound cards.

It is really hard to convince ppl to stay with Linux expecially when they
dont have sound or modem( they have winmodems - its a HP Pavilion ).

How do I get the modems to work. Does it mean that I have to recompile the
kernel.

Prasanna Subash
Manhattan Associates, Inc
Phone: 770 955 5533 x 1047