[ale] Console PPP problem

Prabhakar + Nitika chaganti at randomc.com
Fri Sep 3 19:42:46 EDT 1999

Hi everyone:

I have run into the following problem with my Linux box:

I am running RedHat 6.0 with Gnome as the desktop environment. I am able to
use KPPP in X (from KDE) to dial my ISP and logon and surf the web without
any problem. However I am not able to connect to my ISP from the console ( I
am using EZnet). I am getting an invalid login message. This is the same
username and password that are successful using KPPP in X. Does anyone
have any pointers to what I may be doing wrong here??

Any info really appreciated.
Thanks
prabhakar