[ale] Apache Performance..

jj at spiderentertainment.com jj at spiderentertainment.com
Thu Sep 2 13:15:03 EDT 1999

I'v been trying to tweak apache for months now.
My max clients are at 1500
Start servers are at 300
MaxSpare is at 50
MinSpare is at 5
Keep Alive is on at 20.

If you increase the MaxSpare, your cpu and disk usage will dramaticlly go
up. Same goes for MinSpare
If apache needs to spawn more severs it does it by seconds. Let's say apache
needs 60 servers
1 st second, it spawns 2
2 nd second, it spawns 4
3 rd second, it spaws 8
4 th second, it spawns 16
5 th second, it spawns 32 etc...

I have consulted some "good" folks who know apache, but they could not
optimize my apache.

If you have 50 servers on avearge keep your MaxSpare at 20, if you have 300,
I keep it at 50.