[ale] Back Orifice

Douglas Bridges doug_bridges at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 09:58:47 EDT 1999

The point that needs to be made is that for Back Orafice to take control of
a machine, it needs to be run on that machine. You cannot start up the Back
Orafice client on your machine and take over any Windows box. You can only
take over Windows boxes that have installed the BO Server.

This means to use BO malicously, it must be installed using some sort of
trojan horse. The trojan horse program would install BO silently, and then
the "fun" would begin.

Doug Bridges
doug_bridges at hotmail.com