[ale] Back Orifice

Michael Hirsch hirsch at mathcs.emory.edu
Wed Sep 1 09:06:58 EDT 1999

Christopher S. Adams <toiletduk at penguinpowered.com> writes:

> when the script kiddies known as cult of the dead cow released back orifice
> initially, it didn't work on nt.  but now that they have written back
> orifice 2k, the only protection is to install Linux/BSD/BeOS/anything :)

I don't think you're being fair to CdC.  They aren't script kiddies.
They are coders who cater to script kiddies.  (Of course, you could
debate about whether that is better or worse than being a script
kiddie.)  They have a real flair for PR, too.  Their web site is good
for many chuckles.

--
--Michael