[ale] Back Orifice

Russell Enderby Russell.Enderby at arris-i.com
Wed Sep 1 08:59:17 EDT 1999

There are actually many people who have decided to use BO for admin
purposes.  With its built in encryption and power features it makes a very
nice free remote access program.
Russell

naugrim at juno.com wrote:

>         I'm a little curious about something. I have heard that the Back
> Orifice
> program can take control of /any/ Win95/98/NT box. Doesn't Microsoft
> itself run NT servers? Has anyone ever tried Back Orifice on it? I don't
> plan on trying because they would trace it, but I was wondering if there
> are any known cases of it and what Microsoft's reaction was.

Russell T. Enderby                                        Arris Interactive
Software Engineer                                         3871 Lakefield Dr,
Suite 300
Cornerstone Software Development Group   Suwanee, GA 30024-1242
Email: Russell.Enderby at arris-i.com