[ale] Backup problems

Eric Z. Ayers eric.ayers at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 1 06:32:21 EDT 1999

Gary,

I didn't know that winzip could read tar.gz files.  That's pretty
neat!  Can you read your file under Linux?  If you can't read it under
linux, then I would suspect that something is messed up about the tar
file.

The reason why you are getting only 1 file system backed up is because
of the 'l' option you are passing tar (from the man page):

       -l, --one-file-system
              stay in local file system when creating an archive

-Eric.