[ale] Why eth0 delayed?

Robert L. Harris nomad at rnd-consulting.com
Tue Oct 26 21:46:26 EDT 1999

For anyone running laptops, I have a script that basically will detect
where I am and configure my eth0 once cardservices is started.  It's
rudamentary right now, but I'll be cleaning it up in the very immediate
future...

Robert

Thus spake Jeff Hubbs (Jhubbs at NIIT.com):

> It turns out that on closer inspection PCMCIA services startup IS coming
> AFTER eth0 initialization at boot time.  I suppose your suggestion is valid,
> but is it normal for PCMCIA services to NOT detect an already-inserted card
> when it starts?  If at all possible, I would like for the laptop to become
> fully operational (networking included) with no additional human
> intervention.
>
> - Jeff

Robert L. Harris                |   "A person is smart;
Senior System Engineer          |        People are dumb, panicky
  R&D Consulting.               \_            dangerous animals"  - Agent K

http://www.rnd-consulting.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: