[ale] Old computer donations for Linux training

Robbie Honerkamp robbie at opus.shorty.com
Sat Oct 30 15:29:08 EDT 1999

Howdy, all.

I'm working on a project in Nigeria where we've set
up a wireless ISP. The IT market is growing quickly
here and the people are very eager to learn.

I see this as an opportunity to introduce Linux to
the masses of people here who are desperate to learn
more about computers. Right now everything is Windows,
but the people I've talked to about Linux are excited
about it.

I'm teaching a Linux class next week, and I plan to
teach more whenever I am in the country. What I'm
looking for are older computers that meet these minumum
specs: At least a 486/66, 16mb RAM, 500mb hard drive.

If you've got an old, working computer that meets these
specs, please send me email offline.

Thanks!
Robbie