[ale] ISPs: Now It's My Turn!

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Thu Oct 28 15:01:47 EDT 1999

On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 12:53:33PM -0400, Keith R. Watson wrote:
> Speakeasy.net

Wanted to throw in my $0.02 here - Speakeasy is very *nix friendly, and
they'll give you up to eight static IPs for a residential circut.  Their
only restriction is no IRC servers/bots, which I think is perfectly
reasonable.  :)

That said, I placed my order for 384K SDSL service some three months ago.
Unfortunately, BellSouth (it always comes down to them...) is horribly
behind in wiring the CO up, and my installation got pushed to the middle
of November at the earliest.

I have a shell account with them because of my order, and I've recieved
some really long technical e-mails about what went wrong to cause an
outage or something or other... really nice to be dealing with technical
folks for a change. :)

 - Pizza
Solomon Peachy                                    pizza at resnet.gatech.edu
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                        +1(678)358-7968
Patience comes to those who wait.                            ICQ #1318344
    ...It's not "Beanbag Love", it's a "Transanimate Relationship"...