[ale] Recommended PCI video card

merlintm merlintm at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 27 12:55:58 EDT 1999

smn wrote:

> I'm badly wanting to upgrade my old PCI S3 video card to something much
> newer but also affordable.  I'd like to stay less that $120 if possible and
> have XF86 support.
>
> Can a few of you throw out some rocommendations?
>
> A couple of cards I'm looking at possibly is a Matrox G200 PCI 128bit 8Mb
> card, or a 3Dfx Voodoo3 PCI.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

The Matrox card you are looking at is good.(They have opensourced
drivers so you can expect to get 3d acceleration in linux soon) Not to
mention it has good performance. I'm wondering if they sell tnt2 cards
for the pci slot. If you can find one of these, it would be a very good
buy.(also have opensourced drivers I think)

merlintm