[ale] tar & fonts under netscape

Brian K. Murphy bmurphy at powerh.net
Thu Oct 21 18:24:34 EDT 1999

I am writing a basic script that tars the files a server machine every
night.   I have it running now so that it just deletes all the
tarred/gzipped files and writes new one,but I would like to be more
efficient.  Isn't there a option in tar that would only add the new files??
That way it would essentially be doing a incremental backup instead of a
complete backup.  I found a new option in the man for tar, but don't see an
example of it anywhere (yes...I have looked..half a dozen books and every
place on the I-net I could think of)..any suggestions??  Following is the
relevent line from the script..

tar cvzf /mnt/jaz/usr.tar.gz  /usr

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Second question, I have noticed in the past (on several machines actually)
that on many web pages under Netscape/Linux the fonts are all screwy.  It is
really tiny and really hard to read.  Now, I have even found some pages
under IE and Windoze that do the same thing.  Any suggestions???  It's
driving me crazy!!

Thanks

Keith Murphy