[ale] UNIX equivalent of Windows DLL

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Oct 21 15:10:04 EDT 1999

> While the visual method of programming takes a little getting used to
> for those who are used to a command-line environment, the productivity
> you can get out of a good tool is amazing.  It takes very little
> effort to prototype GUI's and then to add the back end logic to do
> useful stuff like database queries.  I wouldn't use a visual tool to
> hack the kernel, but this could be the tool that gets people writing
> the useful kinds of business applications that have given Windows
> it's current place in the spotlight of corporate America.

The linux community already has a very similar toom called XForms. XForms is a
GUI library that comes with a Visual editor for building GUIs. I use it often
to build software and there are tons of software packages out there in the
linux world that use it. Check out XFMail or xfpovray just to name 2 off the
top of my head.

Vernard
Darkness has a hunger that's insatiable   Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu)
Lightness has a call that's hard to hear  http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vernard/