[ale] Resources in executables

Kalin Nakov knakov at nemetschek.bg
Thu Oct 21 10:29:37 EDT 1999

Hi. I have another Win32-to-UNIX porting question. Are there any standard
way (maybe some libraries that can help?) to include resources (like
bitmaps, music, binary data) in executables, or I should write them by
myself? Such a thing can be very useful when writing a self-extracting
executable.

And yet another simple thing to ask:
What is the directory that usually holds
1. Applications (the equivalent of Program Files in Win32)
2. Application configuration files (the equivalent of where System Registry
or INI files are placed)
3. Application working (documents) directory (the equivalent of My
Documents of Win32)