[ale] Red Hat help for Slackware ideologue

Joe Knapka jknapka at charter.net
Tue Oct 19 16:40:51 EDT 1999

Hey everyone,

I recently installed Red Hat 5.0 on a machine, and I'm trying
to make it acquire its IP address using DHCP. I built
dhcpcd from source, and it works, but now I have a problem:

What do I need to do to make it use DHCP at boot time?
I have only used Slackware before, so normally I'd just
edit rc.inet1, but the Red Hat config files are scary-
looking and I don't want to break anything. Is there
some magic Red Hat configuration utility that handles
stuff like that?

Thanks,

-- Joe