[ale] Re: BellSouth.net ISP Configuration Help Needed

Gabriel Donnell GabrielDonnell at netscape.net
Mon Oct 18 20:29:42 EDT 1999

------NetAddressPart-00--=_sadQ8144S872ad147e2

Hello Scott, Justin, Philip, Joe & Whoever Else Replies,

Thank you for replying to my request for help.

I forgot to mention some things in my previous e-mail.  My ultimate goal
is to have a continous fast transaction connection because I want to
host a web site.  Unfortunately, non of the fast Internet services like
cable & DSL are available in my area.  Therefore, I have to go with the
snell telephone analog Internet access.

I could get ISDN, but with the installation, equipment & service prices
it is too expensive for a service that I do not plan to keep.  Plus the
speed is still not that great compared to cable & DSL connections.

I talked to some folks at MindSpring and sounds like my best alternative
is for them host the web site because they do not allow a continuous
connection with their unlimited analog Internet services.

My difficlty is that at home, I have not Internet access.  Therefore, I
have obtain as much information from work, then implement the changes
when I get home.  I have some documentation installed on my system, but I=

do not have the abundance of information I need.

If any of you have web references and/or examples of your configuration,
then please send it to me.  Especially, those of you who use BellSouth.ne=
for you ISP.

I am leaning more towards using MindSpring because they do have links to
Linux web sites for help.  Scott and anyone else who use MindSpring,
please let me know if there anything special you guys had to do for
MindSpring to work for you.

Thanks A Lot Again,
Gabe

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webm=