[ale] mouse stuff X/gpm

merlintm merlintm at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 18 06:25:23 EDT 1999

I'm running debian potato so i expected some problems but I'll tell you
anyway.

When I'm running the gpm daemon and then start up X my mouse won't move.
But if I stop the daemon by /etc/init.d/gpm stop and then start up X my
mouse works fine. Both gpm and X are trying to access my mouse device at
the same time I think. I would like to be able to run X without having
to turn off gpm all the time. I didn't have this problem with previous
releases.
Also how do I catch the X startup messages at the console.

merlintm