[ale] another CD-RW question

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Oct 14 16:07:27 EDT 1999

Keith Morris wrote:

> I'm a serious linux newbie running Mandrake 6.0 and was wondering if there
> is any way to use an ATAPI/IDE CD-RW (HP 1080i) within linux or if you are
> limited to scsi writers.  also, I am only showing that my CD reader is
> available from within linux do I have to add a line in some config file for
> it to be available?

I don't know about this particular cd-rw, but I've got an ide phillips
drive that works fine.  You do have to use scsi emulation to get it to
work though.  Take a look at the cd-writing howto.  There's also a link
to a list of drives that have been known to work.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl