[ale] Booting from hard drive

smnoldelinux at mediaone.net smnoldelinux at mediaone.net
Wed Oct 13 20:57:20 EDT 1999

Lilo seems to be one of the mysteries of the world to me.

Here's my /etc/lilo.conf:
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
default=linux

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.12-20
	label=linux
	initrd=/boot/initrd-2.2.12-20.img
	read-only
	root=/dev/hda6

And /mnt/floppy/etc/lilo.conf:
boot=/dev/fd0
timeout=100
message=/boot/message
prompt
image=/vmlinuz-2.2.12-20
	label=linux
	root=/dev/hda6
image=/vmlinuz-2.2.12-20
	label=rescue
	append="load_ramdisk=2 prompt_ramdisk=1"
	root=/dev/fd0

Should I just add the boot line (boot=/dev/hda6) to the /etc/lilo.conf?

All help appreciated,
Scott